Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: How to make a "-l"list -Reply
From: Brian Christensen <BCCHRISTENSEN @ novell . com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:38:09 -0700
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com

This is odd to me, because I set up several lists that all had problems, and
I spent countless hours trying to get them to work, and finally I changed all
the names to 8 characters or less and they all worked.  Some of the
names were cnenet-grpwise, cnenet-inet, cnenet-3x.  I was quite
disappointed that I had to use 8 characters or less to get them to work.

>>> Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@risc.sps.mot.com> 11/11/96 12:18pm >>>
[ Lex Luthor writes: ]

>  Are there any special care when making a list with it's name containing
> a - ?

As long as your listname contains only (ASCII) alphanumerics, dash (-),
and underscore (_), it's OK.

--
 Dave Wolfe

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Digest List Name Privacy