Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: Permision Denied
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:12:20 -0600 (CST)
To: jvieira @ etheron . net (Juan J. Vieira)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

[ Juan J. Vieira writes: ]
> I Have majordomo 1.94 and Linux when I Mail a message to majordomo
> I receive a message of error:
> 	"sh: /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper : Permision Denied

You probably need to open permissions on the Mj home directory. Try:

    chmod o+x /usr/local/majordomo

Depending on the user/group ownership of wrapper and the uid/gid your
MTA (e.g. sendmail) runs as, you might also need to:

    chmod o+x /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper

> 	I did configure the aliases file good but when I mail a message
> to a list, I get the message "User Unknow"

Did you run newaliases (or sendmail -bi) to rebuild the database files?

 Dave Wolfe

Indexed By Date Previous: Problem with multiple mailings on moderated list