Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Reply-To : on a moderated list
From: Jean-Pierre Morant <jpm @ marben . be>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:31:29 +0100
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Hello !

I am running a moderated list (fully moderated : subscribtions and
postings) and I'm unhappy with the "From: " or the "Reply-To: " fields
of the mails received from the list.

Actually the mail looks like it is coming from the original sender,
which is good, but I would like replies to go to the list by default.

IU've tried different things :
- in /etc/aliases, i've added to resend's parameters :
		-r list@host
  but with no apparent effect.
- in the list.conf file, I've added :
        message_headers Reply-To:       <<  END
	list@host
	END

		or :

	message_headers      <<  END
	END

	with no apparent effect either.
- in the list.conf ,
 	when I set sender = list
        here something happens : incoming mails loops....
- still in  list.conf,
	I've set
	reply_to          =  marben@fresco.marben.be
	but again, no apparent effect ...

I'm using majordomo 1.93.

Does someone know why I can't get that Reply-To: field?

Thanks
--
Jean-Pierre Morant
c/o MARBEN S.A./N.V.			La vie serait tellement

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Remote Protocol Error