Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: Reply-To : on a moderated list
From: Jean-Pierre Morant <jpm @ marben . be>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:47:27 +0100
To: Dave Wolfe <david_wolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Here is the actual content of such a message, after approval : (the list
name is "marben")
==========================
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:45:21 +0100 (MET)
From: Jean-Pierre Morant <jpm@marben.be>
Subject: That's the right way to do it.
Apparently-To: <root@marben.be>
Apparently-To: <test@marben.be>
Apparently-To: <jpm@marben.be>
Apparently-To: <fra@marben.be>
Apparently-To: <a@marben.be>
Apparently-To: <fra1@marben.be>

> You don't show us any example headers to see whether or not the header
> is actually getting inserted, but I suspect your problem may be your
> subscribers' mail readers. Some brain dead mailers on toy systems don't
> pay any attention to things like Reply-To, so even if Mj is inserting
> the header it may not make any difference. Look at some real, live
> headers (not with your mail reader, it may be lying) and then decide
> what works and what doesn't.
> --
> Jean-Pierre Morant
> c/o MARBEN S.A./N.V.                    La vie serait tellement
> Boulevard du Souverain,400, Vorstlaan   plus facile
> 1160    Bruxelles                       Si seulement
> Belgium                                 nous avions les sources....
> + 32 2 663 1130 (phone)
> + 32 2 663 1199 (fax)
> http://www.marben.be
> jpm@marben.be

As you can see there is no mention of a "Reply-To: " field....