Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: Reply-To : on a moderated list
From: "Kendall P Bullen" <kendall @ his . com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 12:57:44 -0500
To: Jean-Pierre Morant <jpm @ marben . be>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hiya,

Quick, unrelated comment --

At 5:47 PM +0100 11/15/96, Jean-Pierre Morant wrote:

>(8.7.5/8.7.3) id
>RAA22634 for marben-outgoing; Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:45:21 +0100 (MET)

Eek, hide your outgoing list alias . . . and use something other than
-outgoing (that's the "standard" and thus, most obvious).  Otherwise,
people can easily spam your list.  :)  I believe the FAQ and/or
README should have instructions on how to hide it (things like
picking an unobvious name, adding ,nobody to the alias, et al.).

>Apparently-To: <root@marben.be>
>Apparently-To: <test@marben.be>
>Apparently-To: <jpm@marben.be>
>Apparently-To: <fra@marben.be>
>Apparently-To: <a@marben.be>
>Apparently-To: <fra1@marben.be>

Hmmness.  Messages on my list simply say "To: listname" and don't
have any "Apparently-To:" lines -- this is a huge security hole
(people can see everyone who's on your list from these lines).  Maybe
something else isn't configured right, either?

Good luck getting stuff worked out.

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen          E-mail:  kendall@his.com