Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re: error messages
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 23 Nov 1996 22:58:04 -0600
To: kip @ mail . exp . net
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

>>>>> "k" == kip  <kip@mail.exp.net> writes:

k> My question: How do I re-configure Majordomo to send error messages only
k> to me - the list owner - and not to everyone on the list who posts?

Sometimes you can't.  There is plenty of broken mail software that sends
the mail back to the From: header instead of the envelope sender (which
Majordomo sets to owner-listname@your.site).  There simply isn't anything
you can do about it.  Helpful list members will simply forward one of the
bounces to you and you can terminate the bad address with extreme prejudice
and be happy that the bounces didn't go to your list instead.

 - J<

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Scripts for setting up lists