Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1996)

Subject: Re:How to point the aliases to a majordomo alias file
From: "Kendall P Bullen" <kendall @ his . com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 00:05:09 -0500
To: Alan Burke <alan . burke @ analog . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

At 11:20 AM -0500 11/27/96, Alan Burke wrote:

>	With Sun-OS is there a way to point /etc/aliases to another
>alias file?
>like ~majordom/aliases/major.aliases

I think this depends on sendmail.  I have this lines in sendmail.cf:

# location of alias file
OA/etc/aliases
OA/usr/local/majordomo-1.94/majordomo.aliases

so it picks up aliases from both places.  I think I got this from the
Majordomo documentation (or the Mj list).

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen          E-mail:  kendall@his.com
                              Web:  http://www.his.com/~kendall/