1. I have gone to the greatcircle site and downloaded all the files.
2. I am unable to extract from any of the downloaded files
3. I am using Netscape to download the file: It first gives a warning
"unrecognized encoding: "x-compress" then will load the file into the
browser. I then save the file to disk. I have tried changing the
preferences for ".Z" files to the action "save to disk", but it ignores
this. I am afraid I am corrupting the file headers by loading it into
the browser, but I am unable to help this.
4. I have tried to decode the files using Winzip. It first gives the
"Please enter the full name of the file contained within the archive
majordomo-1_94_1_tar.Z. For example, if the contents are a DOC file, a
recommended filename is majordomo-1_94_1_tar.DOC."
When I then try to extract the file, no matter what I enter as a file
extension, it says: "Stop, Error writing to
d:\archives\files\net\majrdomo\majordomo-1_94_1_tar. Possible cause disk
full. Please press F1 for help." I have adequate disk space.
5. I have tried to decode the file using gzip -d
majordomo-1_94_1_tar.Z, It gives the message majordomo-1_94_1_tar.Z: No
such file or directory.
6. When I try to decode the file using tar -x -o, It gives the errror:
Tar: bad directory structure.
7. I am unable to unpack these files. I would appreciate any