Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Unknown mailer error 2... but why?
From: Bill <bill @ wagill . com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 21:09:11 -0800
To: Dr Noonian Soong <noonian @ shell . webmaster . com>, majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

At 14:05 97/02/05 -0800, Dr Noonian Soong wrote:
>I'm having a lil trouble installing majordomo-1.94 on FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE.
>
>running 'wrapper config-test' shows no errors when I run it, but when I
>try send a 'lists' command to majordomo, I get an unknown mailer error
>2.  All I really see from the FAQ is not to use the full path to
>majordomo, but I don't :)

James:

Did you install Majordomo from the FreeBSD Port?  The FreeBSD port has most
everything set-up to run on FreeBSD.  One thing I can see from your dir
listing is that Majordomo should be owned by 'majordom.majordom', and not by
a list owner or even by the Majordomo owner ("Majordomo owner" as in
"administrator", not as in "Unix file owner").

The FreeBSD port works just great for me; there is a problem with 'make'
which can give you a headache when installing the port, but I'd be more than
glad to walk you through the fix to 'make' and then through the installation
of the FreeBSD port of  Majordomo 1.94.1.

- Bill.

Indexed By Date Previous: My mailer product or majordomo config error?