Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.93 to 1.94.1
From: chris <chris @ sparkie . osl . state . or . us>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 09:37:54 +1200
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

I had some similar questions in my upgrade from 1.92 to 1.94.1. I
approached it as a new installation, making a 1.94 directory so that I
could try it out as my lists continued to run under 1.92. My big question
now is- it seems to make sense that I would create new config files for
the lists under 1.94.1, but what about the current config files? Am I
faced with having to complete new config files for all (100+) lists?
Obviously, I lose some functionality using the old config files with the
updated version. Will the old config files work with the new version?

So, I have a the 1.94.1 in a new directory called mdom2. In my aliases, I
added an entry that says mdom2:"|/path/to/mdom2/wrapper majordomo". Now I
can actually create new lists to test before I change over to the new
version. Eventually, I will have all the lists tested with new config
files and then switch over. Does this seem like a good way to approach
it? Any suggestions?

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Why must I create twice the number of directories?