Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: ALIAS -- a command for the wish list
From: Bill . Houle @ SanDiegoCA . NCR . COM (Bill Houle)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 23:52:01 -0800
To: thomasg @ ifi . uio . no, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Feb 13,  5:31am, Thomas Gramstad wrote:
}        alias email-address
}
}        This allows you to post to the list from another email-address
}        without the list distribution being sent to that address. You can
}        add as many aliases as you like.

Technically, this is already possible (albeit in a less direct manner).
Use restrict_post with an extra (alternate) list. Instead of the user
saying "alias other-addr", they would "subscribe other-list".

--bill

PS: I believe Jason has alias support planned for 2.0. I'll leave him
to divulge the details.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Return Codes -Reply