Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: bounce: admin request question
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 08:18:50 -0600 (CST)
To: yaube @ nb . rockwell . com (Ben E. Yau)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

[ Ben E. Yau writes: ]

> anyway, we are running majordomo 1.92 here.

And you expect support when the current version is 1.94.1???

> i am getting this error
>
> BOUNCE all-users@maillist.nb.rockwell.com: Admin request

No, you're getting a bounce, not an error. There's a difference.

> when trying to send this message:
>
> -----
>
> EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
>
> Scheduling for the Lecture Room will now be maintained by calling the
> Help Desk at x-4357.  I will remain the contact for the Board Room
> only.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Karol, x6642
>

> ---
>

> i have also chnaged it so "EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:" is not in the message
> also but it still bounces..  is there a keyword in the email that i am
> missing that makes majordomo think it's an admin request?

Yes, at least the "Help" in line 5. 1.94.1 would give you specific
information about why the message was bounced. In any case, all you have
to do is approve the message for mailing to get it sent to the list.

--
 Dave Wolfe