Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1997)

Subject: Setting of administrivia in config file
From: lewis @ ens . ascom . ch (Mark Lewis - Ascom PSD Cardiff UK)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 97 17:43:11 GMT
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi

I manage a number of lists for my company.  Unfortunately our users
like to use words like s-ubscribe and c-onfig in their messages to
our lists. This is completely intentional and necessary given the
context of our mailing lists. The trouble I am having is that these
messages always get bounced to me because majordomo sees these words
as commands.  I have tried changing the value of "administrivia" in
the config files to get over this problem but I am having no luck.

Can anyone give me some help on this?

We are using majordomo-1.94 running on Sun Soloris 2.

I have used s-ubscribe and c-onfig because if I use these without
hyphens my message gets bounced :-(

Best regards

Mark

| Mark Lewis                     | Phone: +44-1222-774501          |
| Ascom Telecommunications Ltd   | Fax:   +44-1222-774500          |
| Cypress Drive                  | Email: lewis@ens.ascom.ch       |
| Cardiff, CF3 0EG, UK           | http://www.ascom.ch/            |

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: Inserting X-headers