Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: New keywords in config file?
From: Bill . Houle @ SanDiegoCA . NCR . COM (Bill Houle)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:58:34 -0800
To: Dave Wolfe <david_wolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>, goltz @ capcon . net (James P. Goltz)
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM, majordomo-workers @ GreatCircle . COM

} [ James P. Goltz writes: ]
} >
} > I'm aware of the "new_keyword" function in config_parse.pl to add
} > keywords to the per-list config files.  What I'm not sure of is:
} > *where*, exactly, should this function be invoked?

You may place your own new_keyword() invocations in config_parse.pl
directly. However, one tactic I took was to simply locate all
keyword additions in a 'mj_local.pl' file and then 'require' it
within config_parse.pl. This way, when we upgrade, all the changes
are localized to one file and they won't be lost if config_parse.pl
gets overwritten by a new distribution.