Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Approval help / Domo with web interface
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:17:45 -0600 (CST)
To: bwilson @ jarok . cs . ohiou . edu (Brian Wilson)
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

[ Brian Wilson writes: ]

> Now I have added the approval to the headers using elm like so..
> Approval: a
> that didn't work, I got back a "BOUNCE modtest: Invalid 'Approved:'
> header" response back.

Then "a" isn't a valid password. Resend obviously recognized the
Approved header, but what followed it didn't match any of the list's
passwords.

> I am putting a web interface on Domo written in Java and C. So I have
> been placing the files and passwords in the directories for Majordomo
> and I just use the resend perl script.

Since you're not using Mj to get the password in the list.passwd file in
the first place, I wonder if you're getting stray characters in there
with it, specifically carriage returns or whitespace (trailing newlines
are OK).

> In the directory for the domo lists passwords, I see that Resend is
> creating the listname.config files in the directory where the .passwd
> files are, so it SHOULD be finding the passwd files.

Which means it's also creating default passwords in those default
.config files. Are you sure that's secure?

--
 Dave Wolfe