Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 1997)

Subject: Re: Reply to is the subscriber's domain????? Help!
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:48:56 -0600 (CST)
To: majordom @ wwcd . com (Majordomo)

[ Majordomo writes: ]

> 	# reply_to             [word] () <resend,digest>
> 	# Put a reply-to header with value <value> into the outgoing
> 	# message. If the token $SENDER is used, then the address of the
> 	# sender is used as the value of the reply-to header. This is the
> 	# value of the reply-to header for digest lists.
> reply_to            = wwcd.com
                        ^^^^^^^^
This should be a FQDN (complete address) not just a domain.

> 	# restrict_post        [restrict_post] (undef) <resend>
> 	# If defined only address listed in one of the files (colon or
> 	# space separated) can post to the mailing list. This is less
> 	# useful than it seems it should be since there is no way to create
> 	# these files if you do not have access to the machine running
> 	# resend. This mechanism will be replaced in a future version of
> 	# majordomo/resend.
> restrict_post       = restrict_post

Beware that this implies a file in your 'lists' directory and files
without a '.' in the name are interpreted as lists. A request such
as 'lists' will cause a default restrict_post.config file to be
created and could allow someone unintended access to this file. If
you're intentionally referring to a list named "restrict_post",
just be sure you've set up the restrict_post.config file the way
you want it (I presume this is the case from earlier private e-mail
conversations). Otherwise you might want to name this file something
like "wwcd-auction.restrict" instead.

--
 Dave Wolfe