Subject: Majordomo spawning many processes
From: Eric Barsic <ebarsic @ monon . mccsc . edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:52:06 -0500 (EST)
To: MajorDomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

I asked about this a few weeks ago but did not see any replies.  If you
did reply, I am sorry but I didn't receive it.

I have compiled and configured Majordomo on a Linux 1.2.13 box.  It works
fine on my test machine.  I then compiled and configured it on my major
mail server.  When I add the aliases for a list and run newaliases, there
is an IMMEDIATE increase in the number of processes running.  I'm talking
where the load average goes from 2.xx to 15.xx!  If I remove the aliases
it goes back to normal immediately.  From watching it, it appears that
majordomo is being called for *every* incoming piece of mail.

Any pointers or ideas on where to look would be much appreciated.

Eric Barsic
Monroe County Community Schools
ebarsic@mccsc.edu

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How can I do this?