Subject: Re: question
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 12:59:20 -0600 (CST)
To: bathurst @ freerange . com
Cc: MajorDomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

[ Bill Bathurst writes: ]

> How do I setup a directories for majordomo lists where subscribers
> can retrieve files?
>
> Currently in my majordomo.cf I have defined:
>
> $filedir = "/usr/local/majordom/archives";
>
> My archives dir (/usr/local/majordom/archives) looks like this:
>
> example-list	example2-list
>
> Where each directory is associated with a list.  I want to have list
> archives and other files (uuencoded binares, .txt files, etc..) within
> those dirs all available to GET and INDEX commands.  Any clues or insights
> are much appreciated!  Currently it doesn't work and I can't seem to find
> any specific documentation on setting this up.

The directory names must be more than "associated" with a list, each
must *match* the respective list name. Assuming your $filedir_suffix =
"" and you're running 1.94.1, that should do it. Be sure the other files
you place there have read permissions for Mj and the directories have
rwx for Mj (even if Mj isn't archiving the list -- it has to create lock
files).

As for list archives, you should specify (for example) "-f
/usr/local/majordom/archives/example-list/example-list" on the
archive2.pl command line for the example-list archive alias.

--
 Dave Wolfe