From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 14:18:29 -0600 (CST)
To: christian @ techlearn . com (Christian Lee)
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

[ Christian Lee writes: ]

> Our web presence provider offers majordomo for its clients to use, but by
> default the subscription address is (for our domain):
>
> majordomo@listserv.techlearn.com
>
> We would like to have a different subscription address, preferably
> something like:
>
> techlearn@listserv.techlearn.com
>
> We tried setting establishing an e-mail address that would forward to
> majordomo@listserv.techlearn.com, but it didn't work.  Does anyone know if
> it's possible to get this to work somehow?

As long as you don't have a list named "techlearn" (or some other
conflict), forwarding should work. The "majordomo" name is purely
arbitrary. Not a very cooperative ISP if they won't let you use an alias
of your choice.

You can also have a per-list subscription address, i.e.
listname-request@listserv.techlearn.com, if enabled and appropriate
aliases set up for each list. But if they're trying to run one Mj for
a number of virtual domains, that might be a problem too since it's
installation-wide.

--
 Dave Wolfe