Subject: Re: MajorDomo difficulties.
From: Dave Wolfe <dwolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:33:19 -0600 (CST)
To: jlixfeld @ idirect . com (Jason Lixfeld)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

[ Jason Lixfeld writes: ]

> I'm having a bit of trouble with a majordomo list.  I would like to
> restrict posting to those who are subscribed to the list only.  I have set
> the following:
>
> restrict_post     =     "/usr/local/mail/lists/ont-dent"
>
> ont-dent is the file where all the subscriber's email addresses are
> located.  I just recently put the /usr/local/mail/lists/ont-dent in
> quotes, as it was not before.  The result is still nill.  Anyone have any
> input?!

Quotes guarantee it won't work. I've seen others complain that absolute
paths don't work on 'restrict_post', but it may be version specific.
FWIW, what version of Mj are you using? If /usr/local/mail/lists
actually is your lists directory, all you need put is "ont-dent"
(without the quotes).

--
 Dave Wolfe