Subject: Re: want .info to be recognized as html
From: "Mats Dufberg" <Mats . Dufberg @ abc . se>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 97 21:01:09 +0100
To: "chris @ sparkie . osl . state . or . us" <chris @ sparkie . osl . state . or . us>, "Pam Skillman" <pamela @ infi . net>
Cc: "majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM" <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997 10:19:18 -0700, Christopher Adams wrote:

>Netscape mail is text just like any other mailer. Just because it is a
>web browser, it doesn't mean it will be read as an HTML file. One
>interesting note is that if you put a URL in HTML into the .intro file,
>it will show up as a hyperlink in Netscape mail, but the rest of the
>.intro file shows up with all the tags. I can't offer any other advice.

If your mail reader is MIME aware you might be able to read
HTML mail. My mail reader will start Netscape or another
web reader when I get a HTML mail. It wouldn't surprice me
if Netscape can do that by itself. :-)

What is a HTML mail? It's a mail in HTML 2.0 format with the
following header field:

I don't know if Majordomo can do that, but it could certainly
be done with some patching. :-)

Mats Dufberg

Indexed By Date Previous: Problem installing majordomo 1.94.1