Subject: Re: Hypermail archiving revisited
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs @ hpc . uh . edu>
Date: 21 Mar 1997 01:43:17 -0600
To: Richard Sharpe <admin @ ns . aus . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

RS> Place hypermail in the majordomo directory Set up the archiving alias
RS> to call hypermail with -u and other flags Set up the directories where
RS> the hypermail archives will go to be owned by majordom.majordom

Just as a note, what I do is incorporate new messages at some horrid time
of the morning.  I maintain the usual monthly archives (good for FTP and
mail-only users) and then build the web archives off of these.  I use
MHonArc, so I don't know if Hypermail can just incorporate new messages
from a folder.  I also maintain a free text index so the overhead of
reindexing for each new message would be prohibitive.

 - J<