Subject: Re: Question on defaults
From: Chael Hall <nowhere @ chaos . taylored . com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:36:36 -0500 (EST)
To: Dave Wolfe <david_wolfe @ risc . sps . mot . com>
Cc: Geoffrey . Day @ utas . edu . au, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Dave Wolfe wrote:

>[ Geoffrey Day writes: ]
>>
>> Majordmomo 1.94.1 automatically creates a default config file for a new list.
>> Where does it obtain these defaults from ??
>> I wish to change some of the defaults.
>
>Bad Idea. But if you insist, look for %known_keys in config_parse.pl.
>
>--
> Dave Wolfe

Well my problem with defaults is that who_access defaults to 'open.'  This
is a big mistake in my opinion.  All I did was convert to the latest
version and now all of my lists are insecure.  I didn't notice until I was
culling the logs and saw a bunch of successful who requests.

Chael

--
Chael Hall, nowhere@chaos.taylored.com