Subject: RE: rescricting messages to lists
From: "Kelly Setzer" <setzer @ telalink . net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:21:53 -0500
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>, "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-mlists @ idyllmtn . com>

This isn't going to work because the list could appear on a Bcc: or be expanded
from an alias on the sender's end.  I think this person is asking for a
"positive match" facility.  I'm not sure how often it would be used, but it
would be nice to restrict posts to cases where the list is in the To: and/or Cc:
(the list is a recognizable recipient) - it whould help prevent spam.

Even if I don't know what I'm talking about, I am certain that Mattias Kieri was
looking for a more thoughful response - did you (Kynn Bartlett) not get your cup
of coffee this morning?

Kelly