Subject: Re: handling MIME
From: David Epstein <mareb @ csv . warwick . ac . uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:29:38 +0100 (BST)
To: rich . pieri @ prescienttech . com (Rich Pieri)
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com (mju)
Acknowledge-to: dbae@maths.warwick.ac.uk

Rich Pieri writes:

>Kynn Bartlett writes:
>
>> taboo_header has so far caught all the HTML and other crap that
>> I wanted it to catch.  Can you give an example of something that
>> would be caught by taboo_body and not by taboo_header?
>
>Oh, things like uuencoded binaries, attachments of the sort that do not
>create specific headers, PGP signatures.... :)

I for one would be pleased to see the actual entries in the config
files on taboo headers and bodies from Rich Pieri and Kynn Bartlett,
restricted of course to things that would be of interest to many
lists. I think this would be more helpful than a general discussion about
what is feasible or not feasible.

If the regexps are hard to understand, comments would be a big help.
Incidentally, does majordomo accept the /x modifier for regexps which
is designed to make it easier to comment regexps?

Thanks a lot.

David Epstein