Subject: Re: List of the lists
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk @ chinet . chinet . com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:58:45 -0500 (CDT)
To: majordomo-users <Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM>

>From: Jean-Christian Goimard <jchristian.goimard@hol.fr>
>Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:57:48 -0700

>I beg your pardon for intruding your list but I'm looking for a complete list
>of the mailing lists managed with/by majordomo available and I don't know
>where to look to find it. In fact somebody told me to send a message to the
>computer that is managing the list I already subscribed but it didn't work.

Then, the "lists" command is restricted at your site. Send a personal message
to the system administrator with your request. If he doesn't think that you are
an advertiser, he may comply.

>So, if someone can send me a list of the lists available (and their addresses)
>or a mail to tell me how to find such a list, he will be welcome.

It doesn't exist, nor should it.

Assuming you aren't a spammer, use the various Web search engines to find
references to mailing lists on topics of interest to you. Or, read Usenet to
find references to mailing lists. news.lists.misc runs updates to Publicly
Accessible Mailing Lists (http://www.NeoSoft.com/internet/paml/). There's
CataList, a list of LISTSERV lists <http://www.lsoft.com/lists/LIST_Q.html>.

This is really off topic for this mailing list.