Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1998)

Subject: Re: Digest creation?
From: John Cooper <jcoop @ lsil . com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 20:12:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Deepsquatter wrote:

> Hello,
> Let me apologize in advance as I'm sure many of you have answered a
> similar question in the past. My webhosting provider offers a free
> majordomo list. I currently run a list on a ListServ and would like to
> move it to the majordomo list. (free vs $100+ per quarter)
>
> With the help of the support people I've been able to start a non digest
> list as well as a digest version of the list BUT every time a post is
> made to the non digest list a new digest is generated. Even if the post
> to the non digest is only one line a new digest is generated.
> The support people are helpful/friendly but I'm getting the feeling that
> they aren't much more familiar with the majordomo list than I am. They
> seem to thing the problem is in the configs but aren't sure what is
> wrong. I do know the digest maxlines is set to 500 so it seems that a
> one line post should not generate a digest.
> Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if more information is
> needed.
> Thanks,
> --

I am having the same problem with a majordomo list at an ISP.  I've identified
the config option that causes it for me.  If I have digest_maxdays set to anything
it will create a digest for every message.  My ISP also does not support
the mkdigest command, so I have to rely on digest_maxlines only to create digests.
The ISP using majordomo version 1.94.3, does anyone know of a bug related to this
with this version of majordomo?

Thanks,
John

                  ...for IQ's Greater than 95...