Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 1998)

Subject: Re: Multiple copies from multiple lists
From: BMM <bmm @ minder . net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:55:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: Brett Charbeneau <brett @ mail . wrl . org>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

Procmail does this very nicely for me, as I'm quite a few lists where
receiving dupes can be a problem. My .forward calls procmail with:

	"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #bmm"

and in my .procmailrc, the filtering for duplicates is done with:

	:0 Wh

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Brett Charbeneau wrote:

> 	I realize this may actually be a sendmail question or just isn't
> possible, but I've scoured every resource *I* know of and come up
> empty-handed. Any assistance would be appreciated!
> 	I am not presently receiving Majordomo-users...
> Majordomo 1.94.1 | Perl 5.003 | RH Linux 4.2 kernel 2.0.30 | Sendmail 8.8
> 	I administrate a public library which uses Majordomo to deliver
> its departmental email. Each department (and many committees) has its own
> list.
> 	The whole thing works great and we all love it.
> 	The problem is that some of our staff members are on
> several departmental lists and committees and when users cross-post to
> several lists at once, these users get multiple copies of the message.
> 	Is there a way to fliter these cross-posted messages so that
> recipients who subscribe to more than one list destined to get a copy,
> only receive ONE copy instead of several?
> 	Is it even possible or should folks just get used to it?
> 	Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!
> Brett Charbeneau, Network Administrator         Tel: 757-259-7750
> Williamsburg Regional Library                   FAX: 757-259-7798
> 7770 Croaker Road
> Williamsburg, VA 23188-7003

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Majordomo question