Subject: Re: My web host can't setup MD...properly...
From: "Gunther E. Biernat" <GEBiernat @ br-is . net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 09:30:21 +0100 (MEZ)
To: "majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM" <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>, "Saleel Majeed" <saleel @ trekzone . net>

>All us clients are able to modify these features perfectly in the config
>files, and MD even returns the "new config file accepted" email, but
>none of the features take effect.

I guess there is some confusion about directories. I set up majordomo for
multiple virtual hosts and tried to keep domain specific lists e.g. for
domain_abc in /majordomo/Lists/domain_abc. After editing a
majordomo_domain_abc.cf in /majordomo, the listname.cf in
/majordomo/Lists/domain_abc and having set up the aliases properly (I
think) it still denied to include headers/footers and did no post
restriction as defined in restrict_post. Having mailed majordomo a config
request, it returned the right listname.cf.

I double-checked everything ending up with no idea. Then I found another
listname.cf automatically created (with defaults) in /majordomo/Lists which
was apparently used for configuration...

Carefully check your paths and look for another appearence of your
listname.cf.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Gunther E. Biernat
[GEBiernat@br-is.net]

BIERNAT & ROEHL Internet Services
  Niederlassung Uelzen   Bauernstraße 22     Fon 05826 7577
  Gunther E. Biernat     29556 Hösseringen   Fax 05826 7477