Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1999)

Subject: Re: How to prevent people from posting to the :include alias list?
From: cadams @ ro . com (Chris Adams)
Date: 8 Jun 1999 08:42:29 -0500
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com
Newsgroups: local.list.majordomo.users

Once upon a time, Dave Atkins <dave@ecomdesigns.com> said:
>I made the :included list -j316 instead of just -list so people would not be
>able to guess it...but then it appears in the header anyway. What is to
>prevent people from seeing this and going around the approve requirements of
>the list?

Use something like bulk_mailer, and put the following in your
majordomo.cf:

if ($main'program_name eq 'mj_resend') {
  $mailer = "/usr/bin/bulk_mailer -precedence \$opt_p \$opt_f\@\$opt_h";
}

Now I don't have an outgoing alias at all - the outgoing mail is sent
directly by bulk_mailer.  And my lists run a little smoother too.
--
Chris Adams <cadams@ro.com> - System Administrator
Renaissance Internet Services - IBS Interactive, Inc.