Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1999)

Subject: virtual majordomo
From: "Joshua D Rusch" <jdrusch @ davanita . com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:39:38 -0400
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Got a quick question about the behavior of virtual majordomo.I've read
through several websites descibing how to set it up, and I think everything
I have setup is consistent. I use the same directory for all my lists(I only
have a couple), but I think pretty much I am setup the same. (FYI: I use -C
on all the aliases in /etc/aliases to set the correct majordomo.cf file for
majordomo and resend)

I have lists on the real domain aaa.com and on the virual zzz.com. When
receive mail from the lists they appear to come from the correct place. When
mailing majordomo@zzz.com with subscribe, unsubscribe, or any admin
commands, the response comes from majordomo@machinename.aaa.com . I can get
rid of the machinename by using generics, but that doesn't help zzz.com
lists. Is it possible to have these messages come from majordomo@zzz.com
too.

Also when subscribing to list@zzz.com by sending subscribe list command to
majordomo@zzz.com, the message about someone joining is sent to
the message does go to list-approval@zzz.com.

I am not sure if this is normal behavior or if a little tinkering will get
it to work. What do you think.

Thanks,
Joshua D Rusch
Davanita Design, LLC
contact information: http://jdrusch.davanita.com

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Sporadic receiving of mail?