Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1999)

Subject: virtual majordomo
From: "Joshua D Rusch" <jdrusch @ davanita . com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:39:38 -0400
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Got a quick question about the behavior of virtual majordomo.I've read
through several websites descibing how to set it up, and I think everything
I have setup is consistent. I use the same directory for all my lists(I only
have a couple), but I think pretty much I am setup the same. (FYI: I use -C
on all the aliases in /etc/aliases to set the correct file for
majordomo and resend)

I have lists on the real domain and on the virual When
receive mail from the lists they appear to come from the correct place. When
mailing with subscribe, unsubscribe, or any admin
commands, the response comes from . I can get
rid of the machinename by using generics, but that doesn't help
lists. Is it possible to have these messages come from

Also when subscribing to by sending subscribe list command to, the message about someone joining is sent to (not; but when unsubscribing,
the message does go to

I am not sure if this is normal behavior or if a little tinkering will get
it to work. What do you think.

Joshua D Rusch
Davanita Design, LLC
contact information:

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Sporadic receiving of mail?
Next: Re: virtual majordomo