Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1999)

Subject: Weird Abort Message
From: Afra <aa4 @ cse . Buffalo . EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 00:40:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

(sorry, if this comes twice..I think I sent this too early)

Hi,

I am running Redhat 6.0 with Majordomo 1.94.4 and I have set it up into
/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.4 .

I created a user majordom which has a uid of 3021 and the same for the gid
(this is correct, isn't it?)..

The ./wrapper config-test works fine, catching no errors and my
permissions are set up as suc:

drwxrwxr-x   6 majordom majordom     1024 Jun 22 23:53 majordomo-1.94.4/

Now, everytime, I do: echo 'lists' | mail majordomo

it returns this to majordomo-owner:

Subject: MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)

--

MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)!!

Majordomo@mydomain.com:  is not a valid return address.

And that's all..

My /etc/aliases file (and yes, I do run newaliases) is:

majordomo:  "|/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.4/wrapper majordomo"
majordomo-owner: afra
owner-majordomo: afra

What am I doing wrong? The documentation does not discuss this error...

Thanks!

Afra

Indexed By Date Previous: Weird Abort Message