Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 1999)

Subject: Wilma / Glimpse
From: rubenn @ obeirne . net
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:30:02 -0500 (CDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I am having problems getting the glimpse index working.  I have majordomo and mhonarc working great, and when I run /home/httpd/cgi-bin/wilma_reindex I get the following:

Re-incing sample-list.9906
/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -rcfile /home/httpd/cgi-bin/.wilma/sample.rc -outdir 9906 sample-list.9906
Reading database ...
Reading resource file: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/.wilma/sample.rc ...
Adding messages to 9906
Reading sample-list.9906 ............
Writing mail ............
Writing 9906/index.html ...
Writing 9906/threads.html ...
Writing database ...
12 messages
/usr/local/glimpse/glimpseindex -f -o -H index -M 50 -z 9906
Using 485451 words as threshold before merge

This is glimpseindex version 3.6, 1996.

Indexing "/home/httpd/html/sample/9906" ...

Size of files being indexed = 3427 B, Total #of files = 12

Index-directory: "/home/httpd/html/sample/index"
Glimpse-files created here:
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root           36 Jun 23 10:58 .glimpse_exclude
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          519 Jun 23 14:24 .glimpse_filenames
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root           48 Jun 23 14:24 .glimpse_filenames_index
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root            0 Jun 23 14:24 .glimpse_filetimes
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root           45 Jun 23 10:58 .glimpse_filters
-rw-------   1 root     root          611 Jun 23 14:24 .glimpse_index
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          116 Jun 23 14:24 .glimpse_messages
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          251 Jun 23 14:24 .glimpse_partitions
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          995 Jun 23 14:24 .glimpse_statistics
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root       262144 Jun 23 14:24 .glimpse_turbo

However, when I try to do a search it doesn't work.  All I get is: Result for query 'test'

Summary for query "test":

Found 0 matches in 0 files.

All of my paths are correct in my sample.cf file, but just in case I have attached it below:

Any help would be appreciated.

Rusty

#################### Sample.cf ###############

# Web Interface to List Mail Archives configuration file
#
# $Revision: 1.7 $

# [ wilma ]
# Convenience definition of the list name for expansion in other
# definitions. Wilma knows the list name by the name of this
# configuration file.

LIST = Sample LIST

# [ wilma ]
# The title text for the list

TITLE =  Sample List Title

# [ wilma wilma_reindex wilma_hiliter ]
# Pathname of the HTML archive directory (not including the archive
# directory itself).

ARC_DIR = /home/httpd/html/sample

# [ wilma ]
# URL path of the HTML archive directories if different than the file
# system path above. Leave blank if the same.

ARC_URL = /sample

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# Pathname of the raw mail list archive directory if different than the
# HTML archive. Leave blank if the same.

ARC_MBOX = /usr/local/majordomo-1.94.4/domolists

# [ wilma wilma_reindex ]
# A Perl regular expression returning the year and month numbers
# in $1 and $2, respectively, from the HTML archive directory
# name. Backslashes must be doubled due to configuration variable
# interpolation.

ARC_REGEX  = ((?:19|20)?\\d\\d)(\\d\\d)$

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# A Perl regular expression returning the year and month numbers in
# $1 and $2, respectively, from the mailbox archive name if different
# than ARC_REGEX. Leave blank if the same. HTML archive directories
# and archive mailbox links are differientated by those file system
# attributes. Backslashes must be doubled due to configuration variable
# interpolation.

#MBOX_REGEX =

# [ wilma wilma_glimpse wilma_hiliter ]
# The e-mail address of the person responsible for the HTML archive or
# mail list.

MAIL_ADDR = sample@eni-lab.net

# [ wilma wilma_glimpse wilma_hiliter ]
# The full name of the person responsible for the HTML archive or mail
# list.

MAIL_NAME = Rusty Bennett

# [ wilma ]
# URL of the glimpse help page

GLIMPSE_HELP = http://glimpse.cs.arizona.edu/glimpsehelp.html#sect7

# [ wilma ]
# URL of index page background image. Takes precedence over
# INDEX_BG_COLOR.

#INDEX_BACKGROUND =

# [ wilma ]
# Color name or mask for index page if INDEX_BACKGROUND not defined.

INDEX_BG_COLOR = white

# [ wilma_glimpse ]
# Path to glimpse, which searches the archive indices.

GLIMPSE = /usr/local/glimpse/glimpse

# [ wilma_glimpse ]
# Pathname of the archive index directory.

INDEX_DIR = /home/httpd/html/sample/index

# [ wilma_glimpse ]
# Pathname of the archive directory that glimpse sees when it does
# getcwd(3) if different than $ARC_DIR. It can be different due to NFS
# automounts and symbolic links.

INDEX_ARC_DIR = /tmp_mnt$ARC_DIR

# [ wilma_glimpse ]
# URL of search page background image. Takes precedence over
# SEARCH_BG_COLOR.

#SEARCH_BACKGROUND =

# [ wilma_glimpse ]
# Color name or mask for search page if SEARCH_BACKGROUND not defined.

SEARCH_BG_COLOR = white

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# Octal umask setting while generating HTML archives and indices.
# Defaults to 022 if not set.

#UMASK = 022

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# Octal mode setting for index files. Defaults to 0644 if not set.

#INDEX_MODE = 0644

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# Pathname of the file signaling that reindexing is in progress.

FLAG_FILE = $ARC_DIR/reindex.lock

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# Path to glimpseindex, which rebuilds the search index for the
# archives.

GLIMPSEINDEX = /usr/local/glimpse/glimpseindex

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# Table allocation for glimpseindex (the -M option) in megabytes.
# Defaults to 50 Mb if not set (same as previous versions). If you don't
# have that much memory/swap space, you'll need to specify something
# less.

#GLIMPSE_TABLE = 50

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# Path to mhonarc, which reformats archived mail in HTML.

MHONARC = /usr/bin/mhonarc

# [ wilma_reindex ]
# Name of the MHonArc rc file.

MHONARC_RCFILE = sample.rc

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: a few questions!