Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1999)

Subject: Re: your mail
From: Rick Green <rtg @ mich . com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:21:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: Bruce Scharlau <bruce @ scharlau . co . uk>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Bruce Scharlau wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm a new list owner and am having trouble setting up the footers for a
> list.
> I've checked the archive and found I need to set up the list for resend to
> get the footers to work, but can't find an example of the  value I need to
> put in the config file. I've messed around with various things and they come
> back "new config approved" but still no footers.
> So, what sort of value should here?
> # resend_host          [word] (undef) <resend>
> # The host name that is appended to all address strings specified
> # for resend.
> resend_host         =
>
> Is it merely the name of the list or the machine hosting ?
> Or do I have to have the majordomo provider (I'm renting the list space from
> an ISP) change something for me?
> A simple example should suffice. Thanks in advance.

  It's the latter.  In order to use resend, you define your listname alias
to pipe each message thru the resend script, which sends it to another
alias, where the list file is :include:'d.

Follow the _second_ set of example aliases given in the NEWLIST document.

If you also want to take advantage of the restrict_post or other filters
built in to resend, I would suggest you also take the steps outlined in
the FAQ to prevent non-subscribers from discovering and posting directly
to the 'outgoing' alias, thus avoiding the resend filters.

 --
Rick Green
Microsoft has just announced it is renaming Windows NT version 5 to

    From: "Bruce Scharlau" <bruce@scharlau.co.uk>
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: creating lists for courses -- capacity?
From: Simon J Mudd <simon.mudd@alltrading.com>
Next: Re: resend setting in config
From: Derek E Mart <marticus@ntr.net>
Indexed By Thread Previous: [no subject]
From: "Bruce Scharlau" <bruce@scharlau.co.uk>
Next: hacking majorcool
From: "Brian Jones" <Brian_Jones@notes.teradyne.com>