Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1999)

Subject: digest file names
From: Jim Lang <jim @ guscreek . com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 15:16:07 -0600
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

sorry, operator error, I figured it out...

ok, I set up a test box (RH Linux 5.2, Sendmail 8.8.7),
installed majordomo, no problem.

Then I wanted to do a digest.
That looked like it was working at first when I started
sending messages to the list.  Files were being
created in the digest dir named 001, 002, etc.

But when it reached the point of actually sending out the digest,
I got the following error:
open(DIGEST, ">/usr/majordomo-1.94.4/lists/test-digest.archive/v01.n001"):
No such file or directory

that makes it look to me like the files SHOULD be created with names like:
v01.n001, v01.n002, etc.

It looks like I don't have a clue...could someone give me one?

Jim Lang
Gus Creek Services

Indexed By Date Previous: majordomo-1.94.4 problem