Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1999)

Subject: Bandwidth question
From: Robert Kelsey <rdkelsey @ kelseypub . com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 08:00:08 +0000
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Hello,

I'm getting ready to get into mail list hosting using majordomo. I have
never done this and have some questions.

I will be running the lists on a dedicated server which will be used for
very little other than the lists themselves.

If an average list has 100 members, how many lists can I host before I run
out of hours in the day delivering the messages? How much bandwidth is
involved in this?

Is it possible to host 1,000 lists on one server and be able to deliver
mail promptly?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and time in helping me with this
preliminary information that I need.

Robert Kelsey
rdkelsey@kelseypub.com

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Retrieving .CONFIG files thru mail