Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1999)

From: James Thompson <jthompson @ tpac . org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 15:01:45 -0500
To: "'Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM'" <Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM>

Title: Multiple subscribe/unsubscribe via web forms

Tried to send this yesterday, but I never saw it come through the list....

I'm looking for a simple script that will allow web users to easily subscribe to multiple mailing lists.  Preferably the user would enter their email address, check multiple boxes to select the desired list(s) and click submit.

Here's an example form:  http://www.tpac.org/formsample.htm  (Go ahead.  Try it!  It's not live.)

If I could get a form like that to automatically generate an email message that would have

  subscribe broadway
  subscribe dance

that would be really cool.

I'm currently playing with formmail.pl.  It's really flexible, but it returns multiple selections as

  subscribe broadway, dance

which majordomo can't handle.  Has anyone successfully done this?

Thanks!
James Thompson
Tennessee Performing Arts Center
Nashville, TN

Running:
SuSE 6.1 (kernel 2.2.7)
Majordomo 1.94.4
Perl 5.005

Indexed By Date Previous: Help Needed Setting Up Archive