Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1999)

Subject: Re: Mail wont show up in new list?
From: Edgar Mendoza Arreola <edma @ dcaa . unam . mx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:13:57 -0500 (CDT)
To: Gerritt Baer <gerritt @ errantry . com>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

Gerritt Baer wrote:

> OS : Redhat Linux 5.2, kernel 2.0.31
> Majordomo v. : 1.94.4
> sendmail : not sure even how to check this.. i'm pretty sure v.8.x?

telnet yourmachine.domain 25

And the SENDMAIL daemon will tell you which sendmail version it is...after
that tell it 'quit'.

> I've got my list setup and I can mail to and
> subscribe to
> the list, and that all works..  However when I try and send mail to
>, nothing happens..  Messages don't get put in the
> lists
> directory, nothing..  I don't really know what I'm doing, so any help
> would be
> appreciated.  Thanks...

Try a 'who yourlist' command to to see who is
subscribed. If majordomo tells you that no one is subscribed, then I thing
it might be that you list's address file (in $lisdir) has some permission
or ownership problems which doesn't let majorodmo erite to it!
> Gerritt Baer

Indexed By Date Previous: MJ list suddenly quit working