Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1999)

Subject: Re: hacking majorcool
From: "Bill Houle" <bhoule @ airfiberinc . com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 15:15:55 -0700
To: Brian Jones <Brian_Jones @ notes . teradyne . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Brian Jones wrote:

> p.s.  I can't seem to find any declaration or description of either $subset or
> "member_match".

If you can't find the $subset declaration, I'd question whether you in
fact have the latest version. In my 1.3.2, it is present and accounted
for.

As for member_match, there is none. I presume you mean addr_match? This
is, I believe, the crux of your problem. addr_match is a Majordomo
function; you can't radically alter MajorCool idea of $listdir without
requiring similar changes to the Majordomo functions that are invoked
via MC (which may set in motion a whole slew of additional problems).

(But in priciple, what you are doing is correct and not entirely
unreasonable.)

--bill