Norio Ohki wrote:
> I tried to modify permissions of directory and files, in vain.
> What should I check settings? Any advice will be appreciated.
It's Saturday and your message just popped up, but I wanted to let you
know that you weren't alone. It took me a couple of hours to figure
this one out.
-----From the sendmail 8.9 FAQ Question 3.32:
Now the differences that make this work that may not be the same as
instructed by the majordomo instructions:
1) Put the majordomo.aliases file in /etc, not in the majordomo install
2) Make the permissions on /usr/local/majordomo 0751, not 0775.
3) Make the permissions on /usr/local/majordomo/Log 0664, owned by
majordomo, group majordomo.
4) /usr/local/majordomo/lists is mode 0755, owner majordomo, group
5) The permissions owners for the lists should be
0755 majordomo.majordomo /usr/local/majordomo-1.94.4/lists/
0664 majordomo.majordomo /usr/local/majordomo-1.94.4/lists/abt
0660 majordomo.majordomo /usr/local/majordomo-1.94.4/lists/abt.config
0664 majordomo.majordomo /usr/local/majordomo-1.94.4/lists/abt.info
The only difference between sendmail's recommendation and my working
system are that I have all groups set to daemon (ie majordomo.daemon)
Blue skies... Cannonball
* One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them *
* One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them *