Subject: unknown list error
From: "John F. Davis" <davis @ skink . net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 23:09:11 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hello

When I try to config a list, I get errors about the list now being known.
I have a feeling the permissions are incorrect for the list files.
config-test says the directory is ok.  (config-test says majordomo setup
should work.)

What do these lines from the makefile file mean relative to the permissions of
the lists directory?

FILE_MODE = 640
EXEC_MODE = 750
HOME_MODE = 751

lists$ ls -al
total 4
drwxrwxr-x   2 majordom majordom     1024 Apr 21 22:24 .
drwxr-xr-x   7 majordom majordom     1024 Apr 16 22:18 ..
-rw-r-----   1 majordom majordom        0 Apr 16 22:26 foo
-rw-r-----   1 majordom majordom        9 Apr 16 22:27 foo.passwd
-rw-r--r--   1 majordom majordom       48 Apr 16 22:28 foo.resend