Subject: Re: Sending to list
From: Dan Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:15:27 -0500
To: CYGNET Support <support @ granite . cyg . net>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

check your /usr/home/majordom and /usr/home/majordom/lists
permissions.  Either one or both of them are drwxrwxr-x.
The majordom directory should be drwxr-x--x, and the lists
directory should be drwxr-xr-x.  The subscriber files, ie.
musicnews, should be -rw-r--r--.

Dan Liston

CYGNET Support wrote:
> Hello
> Just installed 1.94.5
> ./wrapper config-test ran perfect
> Can subscribe and approve list subscription however I am getting the
> following error when sending to the list.
> 550 :include:/usr/home/majordom/lists/musicnews... Cannot open
> /usr/home/majordom/lists/musicnews: Group writable directory
> 554 musicnews-list... aliasing/forwarding loop broken
>  Missing something basic I think but can not put my finger
> on it. I checked the FAQ and tried their suggestion regarding this problem
> but did not fix. Even tried setting group to daemon like it
> referenced in older release.
> Only happens when sending to the list.
> Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
> Eugene
> CygNet Technical Support
> (519)273-9262 Option #9
> Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons,
>         for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Indexed By Date Previous: digests