Subject: Re: digests
From: Dan Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 23:48:33 -0500
To: LeE <LeE @ norwoodfunk . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

I do not trust the structure of your art21-archival alias.  You have a
space between majordomo and archives, and for logic purposes, I would
arrange the alias like this;

art21-archival: "| /usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -f
/var/lib/majordomo/archives/art21/art21 -M -a"

Your way is not wrong, just not as linear, and the example above uses your
values to fill in the blanks from the example provided in the archive2.pl
file itself.  If you do not want the art21-out to show up in message
headers, you can add ,nobody to the art21 alias.

art21: "| /usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper resend -l art21 -h lists.host.edu -R
art21-out,nobody"

So much for style points, now for the real question.  Why does your digest
get stuck with an aborted message?
The first place to look is in your majordomo.cf.  How is $digest_work_dir
defined?  I would hope from your example aliases, that it looks like;
$digest_work_dir = "/var/lib/majordomo/digests";
Does /var/lib/majordomo/digests actually exist?
Does it have a subdirectory called art21-digest?
Are both directories 755?
Do you have a /var/lib/majordomo/archives/art21-digest directory?  This is
where digest tries to store completed digests before delivering them.
Does it have the correct permissions. (see above).

Dan Liston