Subject: Re: smrsh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs (fwd)
From: wayne . pascoe @ realtime . co . uk
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:00:05 +0100 (BST)
To: Dan Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Dan Liston wrote:

> Thanks for the verification Chris.  Now it looks like the question
> becomes one of "what does postfix require" to be able to deliver to an
> executable?  In this case majordomo's wrapper program.  I have a little
> experience with exim and qmail, but have not played with postfix (yet).

Hi again all...

Thanks for the responses. Yes, Mandrake does install postfix by default.
Then I disabled it at start and went to sendmail, because I know sendmail.
Are there any good motivations for moving to postfix? At the moment,
sendmail is working to host mail for 5 domains and it's going to be a big
job to change it.

One thing about this whole project is a bit odd... With the link in place
in /etc/smrsh, doing
smrsh -c "/usr/local/majordomo/majordomo wrapper"

works fine. I can enter To, From and message data, hit control-d and it
works. If I remove the link, doing
smrsh -c "/usr/local/majordomo/majordomo wrapper"
gives me wrapper not available for sendmail applications.

But even with the link in place, it doesn't work when I mail the majordomo
user. And that's what's bugging me... The smrsh link seems to be fine,
because otherwise it wouldn't work from the prompt.

Thanks again for the responses! :-)

--
Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>