Subject: Re: I have returned!
From: Dan Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:46:43 -0500
To: Dano <dano @ dano . cx>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Dano wrote:

> Because I upgraded to redhat 6.2 and 1.94.5 and now wrapper complains on
> the one hand because the list directory is not writable by the UID and GID
> that it is complaining about, and on the other hand, it CANT be writable
> because g+w makes sendmail unhappy.
>
> What to do...
> Anyone done this before?

If the list directory is owned by majordomo, and writable by the owner,
it does not need group or world writable access.

Check the majordomo entry in /etc/passwd and verify that your majordomo
installation is set to the same uid.gid as majordomo.  The only exception
to this rule is wrapper.  It should be 4755 root.majordomo.

Dan Liston