Subject: Re: Majordomo problem
From: dliston @ netscape . com (Dan Liston)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:12:08 -0500
To: daneshde @ usc . edu
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

I can help with the minor problem easy, so I will address that first.
You are missing some aliases.

majordomo: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
majordomo-owner: owner-majordomo,
owner-majordomo: postmaster #or some "real" address

I also notice that you have double // in your aliases.  Not that it
hurts anything on most operating systems, but a single / is sufficient.

Hint, wrapper and bulk_mailer need links in /etc/smrsh for sendmail to
function properly.

Now for the "major" problem...  If you do an `nslookup -type=mx
xxx.usc.edu`, do you get your host name in the list of relay hosts?  Can
you telnet to port 25 of this host from outside your own network?  While
logged into this host directly, does a `sendmail -bv test` give positive
or negative results?  If positive, does the relay point to localhost?

Dan Liston