Subject: Re: majordomo.3
From: "Joe R. Jah" <jjah @ cloud . ccsf . cc . ca . us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:52:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: Ed Kasky <edkasky @ primenet . com>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Ed Kasky wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:19:04 -0700
> From: Ed Kasky <edkasky@primenet.com>
> To: "Joe R. Jah" <jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
> Subject: Re: majordomo.3
>
> >Reverse the patch and see if your admin commands become functional again.
>
> That's a negative...
>
> However, I found some errors in the maillog and posted the following to the
> list:
>
> Since my last message, I started checking my setup and log files and found
> all the admin commands in the mail queue with the following in the maillog
> for each one:
>
> Jul 17 21:24:08 yoda sendmail[27456]: VAA27455:
> to="|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo", delay=00:00:00,
> xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, stat=Operating system error
>
> I also took out the additional lines from the .cf but still having the same
> errors.

Trace your steps back to the last time you had a successful Majordomo
admin command.  Then reverse everything you did to Majordomo installation
since.  If you do not know exactly what you changed (perhaps by mistake)
in your majordomo.cf file you have to restore it from your backups. You do
have backups; don't you?  Next time before editing a system file, first
copy it to file.back, just in case.

P.S.  Check your mailer to reply to all; send your problems to the list.
      More sets of eyes and minds find problems a lot better that one.

Regards,

Joe
--

Indexed By Date Previous: majordomo.3 #2