Subject: Re: Problem with MIME attachment inside command sent to majordomo
From: Eddy . Beliveau @ hec . ca
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:37:24 -0400
To: Patrick Wiseman <lawppw @ gsulaw . gsu . edu>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Patrick Wiseman a écrit :

> On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 Eddy.Beliveau@hec.ca wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> :I can reproduce it easily if I do click on "attach my VCard" on Netscape
> :Messager client preferences in this case, it will add a mime enveloppe
> :
> :The behaviour is correct if I do not click on "attach my VCard" before
> :sending my command
> :
> :Is there a patch for this ?
>
> No, but there is a solution; send commands in _plain text_ email.
>
> Patrick

Hi!

Thanks for your reply

But I do have 20,000 students and they have different messaging clients
1000's new students are arriving each year.

That make a lot of people which have to disable some option before sending
command to majordomo and then reset it again after the submission.

It will be easier if some patch can recognize this "Mime attachment" and
interpret it correctly

I'm sure that we are not the only one with this problem ?

Cheers,
Eddy

--
Mailto:Eddy.Beliveau@hec.ca

begin:vcard
n:Beliveau;Eddy
tel;fax:514-340-5637
tel;work:514-340-6073
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://mailer.hec.ca
org:Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales;Service de Gestion des Technologies de l'Information
version:2.1
email;internet:Eddy.Beliveau@hec.ca
title:Directeur du soutien technique (Technical support director)
adr;quoted-printable:;;3000 Chemin de la Cote Sainte-Catherine=0D=0ALocal: 3530;Montreal;Québec;H3T 2A7;Canada
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Eddy Beliveau
end:vcard