Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(August 2000)

Subject: Sendmail
From: DB Software <dbsofw @ dbsofw . com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:51:42 -0700
To: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

This might be off topic and if so I apologize.
Does anyone know how sendmail works when accepting email
addresses from majordomo?
I ended up having to split my addresses up into files of 15,000 each.
It took about two hours per file to process.
What I need to know is after sendmail starts sending the messages does
it need the mailing list file of email addresses or has it queued them all
in memory?  I'm trying to determine how soon I can change my mailing
list file of email addresses to the next 15,000 without causing sendmail
any problems.

Thanks for your time,
Pam

DB Software
    Database & Web Design
http://www.dbsofw.com/

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Majorcool users...