Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 2001)

Subject: Re: duplicate messages (was: blank)
From: "Steve Magee" <smagee @ arb . ca . gov>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:03:54 -0800
To: "D. Liston" <dliston @ netscape . com>
Cc: "'majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com'" <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>

Thanks Dan -

the following.../etc/aliases has...
post-list_name: "|/home/majordomo/majordomo-1.94.4/wrapper resend
@/home/majordomo/resend/list_name"

In /home/majordomo/resend/list_name, I have the following...
-l list_name list_name-1134,nobody

In /etc/aliases, the list_name-1134 looks like ...
energy-1134: :include:/home/majordomo/majordomo-1.94.4/lists/list_name

In checking the mail received (headers) you are correct.  I do see the email
address of the individual after the "From:".  I also see under "Received:" the
"post-list_name@hostname".  Put these together, someone can keep
the server busy.    The "nobody" is there.  Could there be something else
that causes an "autoreply" to "re-post" for duplicate messages?

Will Bryant (see thread) mentioned "Approved Posting via password".  I'm
going to check this out.  New to sendmail & Majordomo.

Thanks for the tips.
Steve Magee

Thanks